Campo Restaurant - Reno, NV

we are listening

hey lets be honest…you do something that is close to your heart and you pour your love, life, soul and every waking moment into seeing it through as close to the vision that you and those around you have…..and then it is sitting right there in front of you and you are like WOW! OK, that was cool….what is next? Well let me tell you that if that scenario rings true to you or that makes you think a little bit, then opening a restaurant IS the place for you. Campo is in the 9th day of being open. We have made many changes and most are from constructive feedback from employees, customers, friends, people who care and even the ones that don’t. We have read the YELP, the comment cards, we have polled a wide array of our guests. This is the part that takes some getting used to, these ideas and things that work so great in your head, need tweaking. I am OK with that. We are OK with that. Anyone who is not OK with that should stay away from an adventure like this! Note we now serve bread upon request, with a delicious spread, we have lowered the pasta course prices at dinner, and added a entree size in a BIG BOWL for all the pastas. LOL! We have the best water you have ever tasted and it is free! these are only a few of the changes a restaurant goes thru….Campo is a neighborhood place, meant to be visited many times a week. There is a life to the place already, there is an ebb and flow that works even better than we had hoped for. We are growing, we are listening and we thank you all!

15 Comments

1. Glenn
    Posted November 28, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

We’ve eaten lunch at Campo twice, love the creative, fresh dishes. The service is good, the vibe is good. Really excited to have a place like Campo finally in Reno. I hope other local restaurants take notice and step up their game a little. One thing though; can we have wine glasses?

• mark
      Posted November 29, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Permalink

Thank you Glenn, we are moving in the right direction thanks to people like you! The wine glasses are dear to me and the staff….or should i say the lack of…. i could list 25 reasons we like the set up we have. Number one is space, storage, dish drop off area….and on and on…..i hope you continue to come and can learn to like the glasses we have. Thank you again!

2. Posted November 29, 2011 at 8:02 am | Permalink

This is so important for customers to hear. Opening a restaurant is complicated; management and staff have very little time to get everything dialed in before “the word” spreads. We’ve eaten at Campo twice, once for Sunday brunch, which was fantastic; a second time on Sunday night on our way to see Spamalot, which was both fantastic and not-so-much. Look for the details in an email. Keep up the good work and pork!

• mark
      Posted November 29, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

thank you Shelley!

3. Ian Caballero
    Posted November 29, 2011 at 8:36 am | Permalink

I’m glad to see such a response to feedback. I hope the changes you make work out for you, and I want to compliment you on making those changes. I admit, I was one of those who made some of the criticism leveled at Campo on Yelp. I did so not out of malice, but out of a sincere desire to help Campo succeed. We all lose when a venture such as Campo fails. Your food is delicious and your location attractive. Best of luck, and I hope to dine again at Campo soon.

• mark
      Posted November 29, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

Ian, Thank you for taking the time to do so! Hope to see you soon and please say hello, ask for me, Mark! ciao

4. Paul
    Posted November 29, 2011 at 11:03 am | Permalink

I’m glad to see that changes are being made. Now how about using wine glasses for your wine?

• mark
      Posted November 29, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Thanks Paul!

5. Patty Slater
    Posted November 29, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Hey Mark,
    CONGRATULATIONS on your newest and possibly greatest restaurant! Your Mom and Dad were over Saturday night and were telling us all about it.
    Honestly, Mark, you should have your Dad doing radio commercials for you!
    And your Mom is looking forward to her gig as “Hostess with the Mostest”!
    She will be fabulous I know.
    We are all so proud of you Mark. Wishing you continued success.
    With love and blessings,
    Patty ….and Bill too!

• mark
      Posted November 29, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

thank you! Come visit sometime soon! make it summer so you can see the patio open! love you guys, Mark

6. Posted November 30, 2011 at 9:42 am | Permalink

I’m impressed. You are doing this the RIGHT way. I’ve never eaten at your place yet, but you’ve already earned my trust and soon you will have my $$$. Keep up the great work here. Bret

• mark
      Posted November 30, 2011 at 9:46 am | Permalink

thank you Bret!

7. Jeannie Coco
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Envious not to be traveling with your parents on this trip out, but WILL join them on a venture to Reno soon enough (been talking about it for two years now). Your web site is very attractive and I’m enjoying reading the personnel write-ups; a good personal touch. Knowing a bit of the restaurant business with our son at the Kennedy Center in DC….we appreciate all your challenges and struggles. Only the strong, inspired, sincere make it as you have. We hope to share in your blessings some day. Until, congratulations on opening Campo. Congratulations to all of you!
    YFJ White Cliffs friends….

8. Jan Thoma
    Posted February 20, 2012 at 8:15 am | Permalink

I really missed having the salt and pepper on the table. Although, it was no problem getting it on request, but I love to have pepper on my salad, and then pepper in my risotto, and then more pepper later on my steak…you get the idea. The wait staff is busy enough without me pestering them for pepper! And, truth be told, I like your wine glasses! Nothing to tip over…..

• aly
      Posted February 20, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Very true, next time you come in we will leave the grinder with you. We have a few and have no problem leaving on your table so you have pepper at your disposal at all times! thank you!